Wednesday, September 18, 2019

9 Years and 11 Months

I ran 2 miles on the park roads this evening in a light rain.  Today marked 9 years and 11 months on my current running streak.  This morning, I had an appointment with the cardiologist.  He reviewed the 10 days on a heart monitor, ultra-sound on my heart and all the other tests and concluded that I have Afib, caused in part by a leaky valve.  I still have to have more tests done, but starting today, I am on a blood thinner.  I have no restrictions on running, but I know that with the RA and Afib and the side effects of the medication, my running will not be like it use to be (not to imply that I was ever fast).

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

I am sorry Ken. And, you are probably right that the meds will have an impact here. But please be careful with that AFIB.

Streaker said...

I will. Thanks, Marvin. I guess getting old is not for sissies.