Sunday, January 21, 2018

3M Half Marathon

I drove to Austin yesterday afternoon to run the 3M Half Marathon this morning.  Packet pickup was at the Austin downtown Convention Center.  I had to pay $15 to park to go in and pick up my packet.  Stupid.  They need to find somewhere else to have packet pickup.  I stayed at a hotel about 5 minutes from the race, but hardly got any sleep.  The race started at 7:30 this morning on the north side of Austin.  The course was downhill to downtown next to the Capitol.  The temperature was in the 60's, but very humid with off and on rain during the race.  I felt very sluggish the entire race and finished in 3:20:52 and was 5th of 6 in the 75-79 age group.  Last year, I finished in 2:53:10 and was 3rd of 6 in the same age group.  With last year's time, I would still be 5 of 6 this year.  While I did not feel good about my time at the race, it was half marathon number 97 and my 3,017th consecutive day of running.

No comments: