Saturday, October 21, 2017

Willis Volleyball 5K Trail Run

I made the short trip down to Willis to run the Willis Volleyball 5K Trail Run.  This a a nice run put on the high volleyball team.  It is run on trails through the Moran Ranch, 704 acres next to I-45 between Willis and Conroe.  I finished in 40:22.  They did not have age groups, but I won a pumpkin for being the oldest runner (of 94).  The  two lead runners ran into 6 wild pigs on the course, but the ranch dog, who was running the race, ran the pigs off.  They should have given the dog a pumpkin too.
I went from Willis to College Station to pick up my packet for a race there tomorrow.  Then, I got home in time to attend the Sam Houston State football game.  I left at half time and went to church with my wife, since I will not able to make it tomorrow.

No comments: