Saturday, September 5, 2015

CapRock 5K

I went over to College Station this morning to run the 1st Annual CapRock 5K at College Station High School.  I was surprised about the crowd; they had 369 finishers.  It was well organized, with nice finisher medals for a 5K.  I was the only male in the 70 and over age group, so I won first.  The prize was a $130 Garmin Activity Tracker for all age group winners.  My time was 39:15, a minute or two slower than normal.  It was probably due to the very high humidity.  After the race, I drove to the neighboring city, Bryan, and had breakfast at my favorite Mexican restaurant, CoCoLoCo.  Then, I stopped by a store to get some stuff for my wife.  After that, I drove to a drug store in Conroe to pick up my wife's prescription.  It was after lunch before I got home.

No comments: