Sunday, November 2, 2014

Texas 10 Series Katy, Sunday Night 5K, 750


My low battery alarm in the bedroom smoke detector went off at 2:30 this morning.  It woke me up and I spent about an hour looking around for a replacement battery.  I could not find one and finally went back to sleep in another bedroom with the door closed.  So, I lost that one hour we gained by the time change.  I got up at 4:30 and drove to Katy (west of Houston) to run the Texas 10 Series Katy 10-Miler.  Just as yesterday, the weather was beautiful, mid-40's at the start and clear.  I finished in 2:06.32, which was good for 3rd place in the 70 and over age group.  My niece lives in Katy and we went to IHOP after the race.  I did not get home until after 2 this afternoon.  I managed to get in a 15-minute nap before Julia Buck and I headed down to The Woodlands to run the Sunday Night 5K.  My friend, Jon Walk, and I ran it together and had a nice visit.  We finished in 36:26.  It was my 750th race.  My first race was the Night Fighters 10K at Fort Hood on May 1, 1983.  I finished in 1:03:00.

No comments: