Sunday, January 30, 2011

Houston Marathon

I intended to get up at 3:45 this morning, but I woke up at 3 and could not go back to sleep. I got down to Houston at 5:30 and hung out at the Four Seasons Hotel lobby until 6:30. Then, I made my way over to the start line for the 7 a.m. start. We had periodic light rain during the marathon, but no lightning. Even though my socks were wet, luckily, no new blisters. The temperature and humidity was relatively high and I had to work on staying hydrated. There seemed to be more spectators on the course than I had ever seen in Houston. With a lousy weather forecase, that surprized me. I finished in 5:47:26, a couple minutes faster than my last two marathons. That was my 15th Houston Marathon finish. Now, I have to mentally prepare for the 50 miler next Saturday.

No comments: