Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Back from North Carolina

I returned to Huntsville this evening from an 8-day trip to North Carolina to visit my daughter and her family.  She is married to a Marine and they live in government housing at Camp Lejeune on the coast.  I had not been there before and was surprised how big the base is (246 square miles).  I flew up on Tuesday and got in a run that evening.  The base has miles and miles of well-maintained 6-foot asphalt running trails.  No loose dogs on the base.  In fact, Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mix dogs are not allowed on the base. One day, I got a a 3-mile run on the beach.  My lower back was really sore and stiff the next day.  However, I did manage to get in a run everyday, including a couple 3-mile+ runs.  During one of my runs, I got caught in a storm, with heavy train and lightning.  Monday of this week was running streak day 2,500.  When I got home this evening, I ran an unplanned route in the avenues.  It turned out to be 1.7 miles.

No comments: