Sunday, December 7, 2014

Texas 10 Conroe and Sunday Night 5K

I went down to Conroe this morning and ran the Texas 10 Series Conroe 10-Miler.  This was the last of a series of seven 10-mile races in different cities in Texas in 2014.  I ran all 7 and all 3 last year.  For the second year, I won the series Armadillo Cup for the 70 and over age group.  So, I will receive a trophy and $250 in cash.  Nice.  For running all 7 this year, I will receive a backpack.  Today, I ran 2:09:47 and got 2nd in my age group.  Someone misplaced at least one of the turnaround points and the course was a little long.  My GPS said it was 10.2 and others said 10.3.
After getting back home, I took a shower and a nap, worked on posting race results on the club web site and then drove down to The Woodlands to run the Sunday Night 5K.  My friend, Jon Walk, who was the announcer at the race this morning, ran with me and we had a nice visit.  We finished in 38:00.

No comments: