Saturday, December 13, 2014

Reindeer Run and Jingle Bell Run

I got up early this morning and drove over to Lufkin to run the 3.3-mile Reindeer Run.  About half was on paved roads and the other half on trails.  Got a chance to visit with a several friends from that area who I had not seen for a while.  I finished in 39:08, which was good for second place in the 60 and over age group.  They also gave me an award for being the oldest runner.  I will sleep on it tonight.  Actually, it is a very nice Mattress Firm memory foam pillow.  After the race, I had breakfast at Cracker Barrel in Lufkin and then drove 40-something miles south to Livingston to run the Jingle Bell 5K at 1 p.m.  Again, I got to visit with some old friends.  I finished the race in 35:42.  Then, I drove back to Huntsville (total miles 180 for the trip) and finished up the electrical part of the greenhouse.  The light worked and no one got shocked.  Early to bed tonight.  I have to get up at 4:45 in the morning for a 7 a.m. start at the BCS Half Marathon in College Station.

No comments: