Monday, December 31, 2012

The Year in Review

I started 2012 with pulled hamstrings on both sides and repulled the right hamstring in mid-February.  Even though I had to skip some marathons that I had signed up for and switched to half marathon in others, I still managed to complete 3 marathons by spring.  This fall, I have completed 2-50K's and 5 marathons.  That gives me a total of 10 marathons or longer for 2012.  While I did not complete as many marathons as I would have liked, I ran everyday in 2012 and completed 55 races of various distances.
Tomorrow, I am running the Texas Marathon in Kingwood (near Houston) for the 6th straight year.  The weather forecast calls for a 80 percent chance of rain at the start and a temperature of 50+ during the race.  Jim Simpson from California is scheduled to be there and run his 1,000th marathon.  Also, Larry Macon of San Antonio.  Yesterday, he broke his own world record after completing his 157th marathon in 2012.  Tomorrow, will be my 90th marathon in my life time.  I may have the most marathons on my block, but I have to put it in perspective.  It is absolutely amazing what people can accomplish.
This afternoon, I went to the track and ran laps in the rain, resting up for tomorrow.

No comments: