Sunday, December 9, 2012

BCS Marathon

I ran the BCS Marathon in College Station this morning.  Hot and humid.  I ran the whole thing, except for walking through the aid stations and taking on plenty of fluids.  My hydration seemed to be okay, but I did drink 3 bottles of water on the way back to Huntsville after the race.  The race director said that 10 runners were transported to the hospital.  Luckily, the storm and rains held off until later this evening.  The course was mostly flat and much of the surface concrete.  A lady working at one of the aid stations, said:  "You ran this last year, I remember your knee."  I'm glad I am known for something.  I finished in 6:17:54 and received a second medal for 3rd place in the 70 and Over age group.  This was a well-managed race.  A long sleeve race T-shirt, plenty of great aid stations, nice finisher medal, finisher T-shirt and lots of food and drinks after the race.

No comments: