Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Not Bad News

One of the phone calls I was waiting on yesterday was the results of the lab work following my colonoscopy last Thursday.  The found something, did a biopsy and sent it to the lab.  Found out this morning that it was not cancer.  However, it is an ulcer in my colon and the doctor wants to see me on January 2.  So, that's not bad news.
The temperature was up to 80 degrees this afternoon in Huntsville.  Someone said that it is a record for December 19.  However, a storm is headed this way later tonight and a cold front will follow.  That's good news for my marathon down in Humble on Friday.  I heard that the new Mexican restaurant had opened on the Intersate service road.  I was running errands this morning and stopped by there at 11 a.m. to check to see if they had a meeting room for our running club meeting in January.  While I was there, I decided to eat.  Turns out, it just opened and I was their first customer.  I don't know if that it an honor, but I sure got good service.
It was late before I got to Nautilus this evening and was nearly dark before I started running on the streets in the avenues.  My course ended up being 3 miles.  I have become leary of running the streets after dark, with so many distracted drivers.

No comments: