Monday, December 3, 2012

Back to my Bug

I am having transmission problems on my truck and had to take it in to the dealership early this morning and leave it for a few days.  So, I had to get out my 74 VW Bug Convertible for transportation.  It's been in the garage collecting dust for a year with a For Sale sign in the window.  In fact, I have not driven it for six months.  I spent a part of the day getting it inspected and cleaning it up. 
Since I ran 34.1 miles this weekend, I took today off and ran 1.3 miles on the roads in a brand new pair of running shoes.  The old ones were completely worn out.  I first wore them on the 6th of November, so they lasted less than a month.  And, I wore an old pair of shoes for the 50K trail run on Saturday and the 5K on Sunday.  Maybe I need to start running barefooted.

No comments: