Monday, January 17, 2011

Miscellany

Today, I signed up for the Texas Marathon in Kingwood on January 1, 2012. It always fills up early and it is one of my streak races (races that I do every year).
Also, I received an email from the Houston Marathon today providing my bib number and wave assignment. I'm number 555 (better than 666, I suppose) and I am in the first wave. The first wave is based on veteran status (10 or more Houston Marathons). It is sure not based on my speed.
I also turned in my column on running this afternoon for tomorrow's issue of the Huntsville Item. The subject is local runners who will be doing the Houston Marathon and Half Marathon.
This evening, I ran laps at the track and then worked out at Nautilus. Surprizingly, the large blister on my toe from the marathon yesterday did not bother me and thankfully, it is not broken.

No comments: