Monday, October 11, 2010

Tyler Rose Marathon


I completed the Tyler Rose Marathon in Tyler, Texas on 10/10/10 with a time of 5:45:50. That was good enough for 2nd place in my age group. Of course, 10 hours would have been good enough too, since there were only two of us in my age group. While the weather was nice at the 7:30 a.m. start, the temperature got into the high 80's during the race. For the most part, we were going up or down hills. I ran with my new MP3 player for the first time. I turned it on at the 5-mile point. The first group up was the Texas Tornados, then Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline and Johnny Horton. At mile 9, I started running with Dee DiFonzo (above photo) of Fort Worth (her first marathon) and I turned off the MP3 player. Dee was fun to run with and we had a good time visiting for the rest of the race.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

Way to go Ken ! One down and one coming soon. Hope the knees hold up for you. Great Job !

Streaker said...

Thanks, Marvin. Lavonne said that you are running the Huntsville Half on October 23. Hope all goes well with that race.