Saturday, October 23, 2010

Frankenthon Monster Marathon

I ran the Frankenthon Monster Marathon this morning in Cedar Park, Texas. The race started at 7 a.m. in Brushy Creek Park. It was 3 loops on a 8.75-mile course through the park. Most of it was on concrete trails, but about a third of it was on crushed gravel. Hot and humid and occasional light rain. I finished in 5:56:33 and picked up a nice 1st in age group trophy. Yes, I was the only one in my age group. My time was about 10 minutes slower than my last two marathons and I attribute that to the humidity. The race was well-organized. The course had two out and back sections, so we got to see the other runners several times. I left Cedar Park at 1:30 p.m. and got back to Huntsville at 4:30. Then, I went down to Conroe for Curtis and Debbie's wedding at 5:30. Congratulations to them.

No comments: