Sunday, October 31, 2010

Marathoning for Miracles Marathon

I ran laps at the track Friday morning before driving out to Abilene in West Texas for the Marathoning for Miracles Marathon on Saturday. The race started at 7:30 a.m. at the Taylor County Expo Center and finished at the same place. It was cold at the start, but the temperature during the race got up to around 80 degrees. The humidity was very low, so it was comfortable running. The course was outside the city and generally on ranch roads. There were a few hills, but the course was mostly flat. We had a very strong headwind from about 9 to 15 miles, but enjoyed the tailwind from about 15 to 21 miles when we needed it the most. I finished in 5:39:23 (1st in age group). Rather than a trophy, age group winners won a Marathoning for Miracles bag and cap. This was my 60th race of a marathon or longer and my 4th marathon finish in 4 weeks. After the race, I drove 4 hours to Wylie and spent the night with my son and his family. I drove back to Huntsville this afternoon and ran laps at the track this evening.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

Way to go Ken...4 in 4 weeks...amazing. You are putting all this together into a story or something, I hope. Go Ken.

Streaker said...

No story, Marvin; just trying to challenge myself and stay in reasonable physical condition. With your success in multiple sport events, you are the guy to emulate.