Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Signed up for Dallas and Austin Marathons

I just signed up for the White Rock Marathon in Dallas (December 5) and the Austin Marathon (February 20). That's 12 marathons that I have registered for this season. Sure hope I do not get sick or injured. If all goes well, I plan to sign up for about 8 more before the end of March.
I went to a funeral in northwest Houston this afternoon and got back to Huntsville in time for an appointment with the podiatrist about getting new custom orthotics. Then, I went to Nautilus for a workout and then to the park for a 4.2-mile run with the group. One of our regulars, Lara McCain, was in an auto accident in Dallas over the weekend and has a broken leg. I wish her a speedy recovery and hope she can join us again soon.

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

My goodness Ken...do you have a deathwish or something? All kidding aside, that is an awesome undertaking and I admire you for the desire to put yourself through that. Your "Marathon of Marathons" begins here pretty soon doesn't it? I will keep up with your progress and hope for your continued health and hope no injury disrupts your quest.

Streaker said...

Thanks, Marvin. Just trying to get in shape. I have to set goals for myself - part of my motivation, you know. I plan to complete all the Texas marathon challenges this year: 1) Texas Marathon Challenge (any 5 Texas marathons from Oct. 1 to May 31). This will be my 4th straight year for the TMC; 2) Texas Marathon Triple (Kingwood in January, Surfside Beach in February and Seabrook in March). This will be my 4th straight year for the TMT; and, 3) Marathons of Texas (Dallas in December, Houston in January and Austin in February). This will be my 2nd straight year for the MOT. Hopefully, Marvin, your accomplishments, mine and many other seniors will inspire others to get into the sport and stay healthy. I am amazed by how many people still smoke and live such an unhealthy lifestyle.