Thursday, September 30, 2010

MP3 Player Loaded

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I bought an MP3 player. I have never run with music, but with so many marathons coming up this season, I thought that it would be worth a try, especially for those closed to traffic. For sure I will try it when running the Marathon 2 Marathon on October 16. The 26.2 mile race starts just outside of Alpine, Texas and runs along Hwy. 90 to Marathon, Texas. From what I can see on Google Earth, there is not a single building along the route and no cross streets. My playlist reflects my age, my East Texas upbringing and the years that I lived in Germany. Here is what I loaded: Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Freddy Fender, Texas Tornados, Patsy Cline, 50's rock 'n' roll, Hank Williams, Ray Price, Marty Robbins, classical and lots of polka.
I ran trails at the park this evening with the group, but not with the MP3 player. We had a new runner, so we only did 3 miles. Mary parked at the parking lot just outside of the park and rode in with me. Unfortunately, her car was broken into while we were in the park. That's a bummer.

2 comments:

Vince A. said...

Can you even download that stuff onto an iPod? :) How about mixing in a little bit of BoB and Black Eyed Peas??, I can lend you my playlist...

Streaker said...

Black eyed who? What's an iPod? Is that something like my $30 Wal-Mart MP3 player? Don't forget. I was around when Pearl Harbor was bombed.