Saturday, September 25, 2010

20 Miles


Even though it was split into two runs, I ran 20 miles today. I ran the Fall Fun Run 10K (6.2. miles) here in Huntsville at 8 this morning. The course was out and back and hilly. I finished in 1:11:21, a little over a minute faster than the same race last year. It was an interesting race. ROTC at Sam Houston State University sponsored a 5-mile military ruck march, which started at the same place at the same time. They had several hundred marchers, who turned around at the 2 and a half mile point. So, when I got to their turn around point, I was running through their marchers for the last 2 and a half miles. I ran past a lot of marching friends, including the local Texas Ranger, the Sheriff and several of our running club members. Also, there was a bike race using the same road, even though they started and finished at a different location. Needless to say, Veterans Memorial Blvd. in Huntsville was busy this morning. I went home, took a shower and posted the race results on our running club web site, and then went to the park to run trails. I did 13.8 miles on the trails, giving me a total of 20 miles for the day. Tonight, I went to the Sam Houston State football game here in Huntsville. Long day.

No comments: