Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Streak of Sorts

When I checked in at the Texas Marathon last Thursday, I ran into an old friend. He mentioned that he had been reading my blog and insinuated that I was regularly reporting injuries. I did report in my blog entry after completing the marathon that day that I took a hard fall on the concrete early in the race. I was able to finish okay and felt fine for the rest of the day. When I woke up on Friday, my left knee was swollen, stiff and painful. Since then, I have talken much Aleeve and iced it frequently. Since I did not want to sound like a wimp, I have not blogged for the last couple days. Anyway, my new streak is four straight days of painfully running one mile to keep the big streak alive. It seemed to be better today and should be okay in a couple days. I plan on doing 12.5 on the trails Saturday morning at 10 a.m. with Misty and others from The Woodlands and some from here.
I was pleased to see some of my almost-as-old-as-I neighbors out getting some excercise a couple days ago. He rode by my house on an ATV and his wife was following on her bicycle - tied to the ATV with a rope. For some reason, I don't think I will be able to get them to join our running club anytime soon.

1 comment:

Mistyfied said...

You should have got a video of you neighbor puling his wife with the atv. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday at 10. I will call you when we get to Huntsville to plan where we are meeting. I know you told me but I don't remember.