Monday, January 19, 2009

Big Mushroom


A bunch of us met at 1 p.m. today to run trails. Late this morning, I received an email from Natali saying she and Rachel were running late. I told her that I would wait for them. John, Chris, Curtis, Phillip, Ron and Mary Ann Davis, Josh, Andrew and Karen, Mariah and Brian Loft went into the park at 1, while I waited for Natali and Rachel. At 1:30, Mary Sweeten showed up. She and I waited another 10 minutes and went on into the park. We ran 4.1. It was good to see her back on the trails after a long absence. We ran into a couple park rangers and they told us about a large mushroom growing inside a hole in a tree. It is along the road that runs south from the Nature Center. They showed it to us. Very interesting. I went to Nautilus (Natali and Rachel work there) later this afternoon. They were out of town today and did not make it back in time to run.

No comments: