Saturday, September 20, 2008

Warming Up

I knew better than to think the hot weather was over. While the cool post-Ike temperature was nice, it's back to late September reality. I spent much of the day cleaning out my garage and putting a bunch of stuff in the new unfinished storage building. Most of next week will be taken up with my colonoscopy on Thursday and the three days of preparation. Is beer a clear liquid? Plus, my daughter, Lisa, is coming in from Chicago Wednesday night and will be here through the weekend. So, I will not start putting the siding on the storage building until the next week. I went to the track this evening and from there ran my 2.7 mile loop around the campus. Wendell Londeen was running at the track and I visited with him for a while. Wendell is 82 and is planning on running the Houston Half Marathon in January. He ran it two years ago, but missed it last year because they sold out before he registered. He lost his wife a few months ago, but is doing well. Nice guy.

No comments: