Friday, September 19, 2008

Getting Ready for the Half

Niki Bellnoski is directing the Huntsville Half Marathon & 5K Run/Walk this year. I'm her assistant. For the first time, we are giving finisher medals for the half marathon this year and trophies for the top three in each age group. Niki called today and said that she received the finisher medals and they look great. I received three big boxes of age group trophies today. Marilynn and I sorted them all out tonight and checked the engraving. Only one engraved plate was wrong. We have plenty of time to get that fixed. Also, Run Wild Sports (chip timing) has offered us disposable chips at no extra cost. We took them up on that. That means that all the runners can keep them chips and we won't have to collect them at the finish line.
I worked on my storage building all afternoon and ran laps at the track this evening. J. C. was there and we visited for a while. He is running well.

1 comment:

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Disposable chips? Those sound neat. I'm looking forward to the race!