Sunday, September 21, 2008

Under Achieved

I had planned to do a double loop around town today that would give me close to 16 miles. I parked at the track and started the first loop from there. I realized early that the heat was taking on toll on me. My hamstring and lower back were hurting. When I finished the first loop, I did a lap at the track to get in a full 8 miles. I don't know how much was mental verses physical, but I gave up on the second loop. I should have run 8 miles away from where I parked and then back. I know that it doesn't count for anything, but my body feels like I did 16.
I start my preparation tomorrow for my colonoscopy on Thursday. For the next two days, my intake is limited to pasta, bread and meat (without sauces or condiments). Wednesday is limited to clear liquids and the nasty stuff you have to drink to clean out your system. Thank goodness, I have to do this only once every five years. It's the last part of my physical; the rest was okay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there. I hope you know I"m talking about your run...NOT the colonoscopy! Hope everything comes out okay (literally)(LOL).

Curtis said...

Best wishes with the colonoscopy. I know my grandfather went to the hospital and had part of his colon removed. Now all he has is a semi-colon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ken - you're so lucky to have friends who are full of "crap"....