Monday, June 9, 2008

Surfside


I was a little surprized to receive a box in the mail today from the Surfside Beach Marathon. Inside was a nice Surfside Beach Marathon pewter serving tray. As the accompanying letter explained, I won it as a respondent to their online post-race survey. Guess I'll start answering more online surveys.
I have done that marathon three years in a row and I'll do again next February. I know some others who say they will never do it again. I like being able to park on the beach near the start/finish, relatively few runners and no noisy spectators. And, the hard-packed sand is easier on the feet and the joints.
After working out at Nautilus this evening, I ran 2.7 miles on the roads.

2 comments:

Katy Lampson said...

Cool! I guess you were the only one who had nice things to say! :)

Congratulations!

Streaker said...

I guess some people just don't like nature. It is suppose to be windy, hot and foggy at races.