Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Marathon Plans

For several years, I ran a 50K and two marathons a year. This year, I stretched it out to three marathons and two 50K's. Now that I have gone beyond my 3-marathon mental limit, I will do more this year. Here's my plan:

October 13 - Marathon 2 Marathon (Alpine to Marathon, Texas) - Signed up.
November 16 - Rock 'n' Roll Marathon, San Antonio - Signed up.
December 6 - Sunmart 50K, Huntsville State Park
January 1 - Texas Marathon, Kingwood
February 14 - Surfside Beach Marahon, Surfside Beach
March 14 - Seabrook Lucky Trail Marathon, Seabrook
March 29 - Bataan Death March Memorial Marathon, New Mexico

The big challenge will be doing the long training runs in the late summer and fall to get ready for M2M in October. I just took a Google Earth tour of the course between Alpine and Marathon. There is nothing between those towns except desolation. Who need noisy spectators, anyway? I ran most of Surfside alone in the fog this year; a desert highway has to be about the same. M2M has to be a good race; years ago, they bought my book, "How to Put on a Road Race."

I ran trails this evening with Amy and Lavonne. Amy wanted to run a different course, so we headed south from the Nature Center and did some out and back on the south perimeter road when we got to that point. I figure we did 3.2 miles. Amy and Lavonne are running well.

1 comment:

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Busy schedule! And yes, the air did feel thinner yesterday...but that was because the humidity happened to be less than 98% or whatever it usually is at that time!