Saturday, February 12, 2022

Spindle Tree Parkrun 5K

 I ran the Spindle Tree Parkrun 5K in Magnolia (behind The Woodlands)  this morning.  The race is part of the world-wide parkrun system and is held every Saturday at 7:30 am. I got to the parking lot 45 minutes ahead of the race.  No one showed up, so about 7:20, I started looking around.  I found a sign with and arrow to the parkrun.  So, I followed the signs.  They kept taking me down through the neighborhood.  A half mile later, I found the race (next to another parking lot).  As it was nearly 7:30, I arrived at the race site running.  The race had already started.  I ran to the start line and ran the course.  I finished in 48:04, which included my late start.  The good news is that the forecasted rain held off, I was first in the 80-84 age group and my friend, Jon Walk, gave me a ride back to my truck.

No comments: