Sunday, October 27, 2019

Sweat IV Vets 5K

My heel was still very sore this morning, but I decided to go ahead and try to run the Sweat IV Vets 5K in Humble, which I signed up for many months ago.  By the time I parked and walked around a bit at the race site (Harris Co. Sheriff's Training Center), my heal was tolerable.  Perfect running weather and a perfectly flat and smooth asphalt course.  After a half mile or so into the race, my heel was not a problem (probably numb).  I finished in 44:12, almost 5 minutes slower than the same race last year.  Must by my RA.  In any case, I was first in the 70 and over age group (only one).  My son, who lives in Houston, was there as my support crew, so that made it a good time.  By the time I got home, the heel was as sore as ever.  I guess it will have to run its course.

No comments: