Monday, August 19, 2019

Another medical issue

It has been a tough last 6 months or so.  Last week, my health insurance provider sent a nurse to my home for an in-home health assessment.  The nurse found that my heart was skipping beats and told me to see my doctor.  I saw him last Thursday and he referred me to a Cardiologist.  So, I took it easy on my runs since Thursday.  At my appointment with the Cardiologist this afternoon, they found my resting heart rate to be 144 (normally in the low 50's).  They ran some blood tests and put me on medication to bring the heart rate down.  I go back in 10 days for an ultra-sound on my heart.  In the meantime, I have to wear a heart monitor (3 wires to the chest hooked to a pager-looking device) for 10 days.  Some company is looking at the results 24 hours a day and will call my doctor if they see something bad.  With the medication, the rate was in the low 40's this evening.  I ran 1-mile+ plus on Veterans Memorial Parkway just before dark this evening and never got a call from anyone.

No comments: