Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Signed up for Seabrook Trail Marathon

I signed up for the Seabrook Trail Marathon to be held in Seabrook, Texas on March 20. This will be my 4th straight year for the race. It is the last leg of the Texas Marathon Triple (Kingwood in January, Surfside Beach in February and Seabrook in March). I have completed the Triple for the last 3 years. So far, that makes 8 marathons that I have signed up for in 2011 and I still need to add 4 more to give me 20 for the season. I'm a little apprehensive about the 50-miler on the trails at Huntsville State Park on February 5. That will be a new distance for me and I know that I will be running the last few hours in the darkness. I have a hard enough time not tripping on roots during daylight. Then, being a streaker, I have to get in a run the following day.
In the meantime, I worked out at Nautilus and then ran 3 miles on the roads in town today. It was rather warm after freezing last night. Tomorrow, it is suppose to get up to 75. Usually, the group runs trails on Tuesday evenings. However, beginning this week, the park is closed for Bambi killing during the week for five consecutive weeks.

No comments: