Monday, June 30, 2008

Stormy Weather

We are finally getting some much needed rain on the west side of Huntsville. I had to time my run between storms this evening (Sunday, June 28). I started at the track in town and made a loop around the avenues and the campus. It was a new route and I had to check the distance on the USATF Route Finder when I got home. It came out to be 4.05 miles. The next storm hit just as I finished at 7 p.m.
I figure that the Marathon 2 Marathon on October 18 will be a strong motivator to do longer training runs late in the hot summer months. Usually, my first long race is not until Sunmart in early December. This year, it will be M2M in October and San Antonio in November.
Congratulations to my friend Vincent Attanucci of The Woodlands, who completed 2,000 days on his running streak on June 28. I am quick to point out that he is 11 days behind me and is unlikely to ever catch me. He is 135 on the national list and I am 134.

No comments: