Sunday, December 2, 2018

Texas 10 Series Conroe 10-Miler

I got up this morning and drove down to Conroe for the Texas 10 Series 10-Miler.  Was not sure if I was going to run or just pick up my packet.  My big toe hurt, but I decided to go for it.  The toe was very painful for a couple miles, but not too bad after that.  I opted not to wear a sling for my right arm, but I paid for that the second half of the race and for the rest of the day.  My shoulder is hurting.  I am not sure what my finish time was, but somewhere around 2:25:00.  The chip timing system did not pick me up.  I emailed the race and maybe they can recover my time.  In any case, I was the only one over 70 and got a first place age group award.  My appointment with the orthopedic surgeon is tomorrow, so he should confirm the rotator cuff tear and decide how to fix it.

No comments: