Friday, December 21, 2018

Surgery

It's after midnight, so I am a little late posting.  I ran at the track at midnight last night to get in a run on surgery day.  It was raining and the track was mostly mud.  I can imagine what people driving by the track thought if they saw me running.  I got to the hospital at 6:30 this morning.  In pre-op, they got concerned about my pulse rate of 48.  I had to explain that it was from running.  My surgery lasted about 2 hours.  The doctor was pleased that he was able to gather all of the torn muscles and attached them to the bone.  He was also able to remove a bone spur, which had been cutting on the muscles and causing a lot of the problem.  I will be wearing a big sling for a while.  Tomorrow (Friday), I will have to make a decision on continuing my streak.  The doctor is afraid the movement may put too much pressure on the newly anchored muscles.

No comments: