Saturday, December 8, 2018

Reindeer Run and Jingle Bell 5K

Early this morning, I drove over to Lufkin (hour and a half) to run the Reindeer Run at the zoo.  Cold, windy and rainy.  Normally, it is a 5K, partly through the woods.  However, there was so much rain earlier, the trails were underwater or at least too wet.  So, they changed the course to the paved road around the zoo; 5 loops.  Turned out to be 3.64 miles.  I finished in 47:12 and got first in the 70 and over age group.  I was the only one.  From there, I drove an hour down to Livingston to run the Jingle Bell 5K.  I finished in 40:45, but they had no age group competition.  Then, an hour-drive back to Huntsville.  My shoulder did not hurt so much last night and this morning, so I did not wear my new sling during the races.

No comments: