Saturday, November 21, 2015

Three races today


I got up at 5 this morning and drove down to Bellaire on the south side of Houston to run the Fall Fever 5K.  The temperature was in the 60's and it rained off and on during the race.  I finished the very flat course in 38:38 and was 2nd of 4 in the 70 and over age group.  The age group award was a $15 gift certificate to Fleet Feet.  I also won a nice door prize, a $50 gift card to Fuddruckers.  After that race, I headed up to the west side of Houston and ran the Buffalo Brewery non-competitive 4.4-miler at 11 a.m.  I finished in 58:40.  There was no rain during the race, but it had obviously been raining hard before the race. I had a couple beers and a nice visit with some friends and a couple of officials from Houston Marathon, the course director and the pace group coordinator.  I did not get back to Huntsville until 3:30.this afternoon.  I picked up friends, Donna and Maddie, and we drove to Lufkin for the Twilight 5K, which started in total darkness at 6:30 p.m.  The weather was clear, but it was windy and the temperature in was in the low 40's.  Maddie, who is on the Sam Houston State Tennis Team, was the fastest female and Donna came in first in her age group and was the second fastest female.  I finished in 38:12 and was 3rd in the 60 and over age group.  After the race, we ate dinner at the Cotton Patch and then drove back to Huntsville.  I did not get home until about 11 p.m.  A long day.  Tonight was my 76th race in 2015.

No comments: