Thursday, November 26, 2015

Run Thru the Woods 5-Miler

For the 14th straight year, I went to The Woodlands this morning to run the Run Thru the Woods 5-Miler.  There were thousands of runners and it seems to grow every year.  It was relatively warm and humid compared to lately, but tolerable.  I finished in 1:04:56.  This evening, I went back to look at my time last year and found that I never logged the race.  However, I found my time online and it was 1:00:47 last year.  I was a little slower this year, but for the first time in 14 years running this race, I placed.  Got 3rd in the 70-74.  I think the fast guys moved up to the 75-79 age group.  I would have been 4th in that age group.  I got to visit with a lot of friends and that always makes for a good race.  This was my 77th race this year, 840th since I started racing and it was my 2,230th consecutive day of running.

No comments: