Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day 5K at my house


When I went to bed last night, the chance of thunderstorms at 8 a.m. this morning was 30%.  I got up at 6 a.m. this morning and immediately checked the weather - sunny with 0% chance of rain for the morning.  What a relief.  Our club's annual Memorial Day 5K has been at my house for years.  Nothing like having an inflatable start/finish arch over your driveway.  Anyway, I drove the course, putting out all the signs and cones.  Then, worked on the arch, race clock and other things.  The race is open to the public, so you never know how many people are going to show up.  We ended up with 131 runners, plus a lot of family members.  In the nearly 30-year history of our club, it was the largest number of runners we ever had for a monthly club run.  All went well, but it was a relief to have the race completed and everything put away.  I was working on posting photos from the race this afternoon, when Julia emailed me and suggested that I go get my run in, because a storm was headed this way.  I drove to the track and ran on the roads from there.  I intended to run 3 miles, but the storm was blowing in and I cut it to 2 miles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for all your hard work! I had a great time as I know everyone else did too. It was perfect!