Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Doctor visit today

Just in case the doctor would do something and tell me not to run today, I ran laps at the track late this morning and went to see the doctor about my knees at 1 p.m.  He said that there were two possibilities.  One, the Synvisc injections for the arthritis under the knee caps was no longer working.  Or, second, there was inflammation in the muscles that attach to the top of the knee caps.  Since my right knee is worse, he injected cortizone under the knee cap to supplement the Synvisc.  He said that if the arthritis under the knee cap is the problem, it will feel better soon.  In 3 weeks, I go back.  If my right knee is okay by then, he will inject cortizone in the left knee.  If it is not better, it is inflammation in the muscles above the knee caps.
I have to do a short run (1-mile) tomorrow and then I can get my mileage back up.  I have family visiting this weekend, so no race.  I have 2-5K's on May 23 (my 74th birthday) and a 10K night trail run on May 30.

No comments: