Friday, May 29, 2015

ER

I woke up Wednesday morning very dizzy.  I assumed it was vertigo, based on my sinus congestion.  I took a decongestant and that helped.  I woke up dizzy again this morning.  I stumbled to the cabinet and took decongestant tablets and then went back to bed.  I woke up at 10 a.m. and was still dizzy.  My doctor is out on Friday, so I went to the Emergency Room (Physicians ER) about 2 p.m.  They were very thorough.  Besides taking all the vital signs, they ran blood tests, conducted an EKG on my heart and an MRI of my head.  In the meantime, they gave me an IV and a pill for vertigo.  All the tests came back normal and the doctor concluded that it was vertigo.  I was at the emergency room about 2 hours and felt better after the vertigo pill took affect.  He prescribed pills should I get vertigo again and suggested an over-the-counter decongestant.  After getting back home, I laid down for a while and then went to the track and ran laps at 6 p.m..  10K tomorrow.

No comments: