Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Upcoming Katy Half Marathon

A long time ago, I signed up for the Katy Half Marathon, which is scheduled for this Saturday.  Last week, I received an email telling me that there is no race day packet pickup and that I have to pick up my packet in Houston Tuesday or Wednesday or in Katy on Friday.  I sure don't recall reading that there was no race day packet pickup when I signed up.  In any case, I emailed them about it last week and asked for a refund or an exception since I live up in Huntsville.  They (Onurmark Productions) refused.  So, this afternoon, I drove down to the west side of Houston (80 miles one way) to pick up my packet.  After finding a parking place in a parking garage, I had to stand in a long line to sign in at the Fitness Center.  Then, I went to the 3rd floor and waited in another line for packet pickup.  They assigned a bib number to me and hopefully it was correctly entered into their database.  No T-shirt; they said that you get that after you finish the race.  I had to drive 160 miles this afternoon to pick up a bib.  Why not a mail option?   I have no idea how this race will turn out.  I have a feeling that it will be screwed up.  The race starts at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday in Katy, 93 miles from Huntsville.  I think I might have to get up early.
I got back to Huntsville this evening just in time to meet Dana and Samantha at PTA to run the 5K course.

No comments: