Saturday, February 14, 2015

Love.Run Half Marathon

I ran the Love.Run Half Marathon this morning at Huntsville State Park  Last year, I ran the full marathon at the same race and it was my 101st marathon (or longer) and my last.  Beautiful weather this morning, ideal for a half marathon.  The marathoners reported that it was too hot for the second loop.  I tripped on roots and took two hard falls. However, I survived and finished in 3:23:03.  That was good enough for 1st place in the 70 and over age group (yes, I was the only one).

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

Congratulations Ken. Not sure whether you miss the marathons or not. I remembered that this was your last one last year. And to think that you can survive a couple falls still. Not bad for the only one in that age group..

Streaker said...

Thanks, Marvin. I really do not miss the marathons, but I miss the challenge, if that makes sense. When I am running a half marathon where they have a full, I feel like a wimp; sort of embarrassed that I am not running the full.