Wednesday, February 18, 2015

New course

We have a club run this Saturday and are expecting the usual 60 to 90 runners.  I designed a new course and planned to measure it with an engineer wheel this afternoon.  I turned a corner and the whole street was block with a chained link fence for about a 10th of a mile.  I measured up to the fence, carried the wheel off to the side, measured the length of the blockage, carried the wheel back to the street and then continued to measure the 5K course.  Got it done, but that part of the street will be closed this Saturday.  So, this evening, I met the group at the church and ran down to that area to figure out a detour for the race.  Got that done and tomorrow, I will have to measure the additional distance of the detour and adjust the turnaround point.  My run this evening ended up being 3 miles.

No comments: