Sunday, February 1, 2015

Texas 10 Series College Station and Sunday Night 5K

I ran two races today.  The first one was the Texas 10 Series 10-miler over in College Station.  The earlier forecast of rain did not pan out.  Instead, it was dry and the temperature was in the high 60's.  Last year at this race, it was raining, windy and the temperature was about 30.  I finished in 2:08:52.  Since I was the only runner over 70, I was first in my age group.  Besides a nice finisher medal, I received a glass mug for the age group award and a free entry into the Texas 10 Series Huntsville race next September.
This evening, I went down to The Woodlands and ran the Sunday Night 5K.  I finished in 37:37, a little slower than my recent normal on that course.  So, the total for both races was a half marathon.

No comments: