Friday, January 16, 2015

Ugh! Foot problem

All day, the ball of my left foot next to my little toe has been sore.  I figured it was the new shoes and a long trail run yesterday.  So, this afternoon, I ran 1.7 miles on the streets in the avenues.  Tonight, I started looking for something in the medicine cabinet to would reduce the soreness.  Then, after looking at my foot, the skin is split, probably from dryness.  My wife put something on it and then a band aid.  It will be an interesting weekend.  I am going down to Houston tomorrow to the Marathon Expo to pick up my packet for Sunday's half marathon.  Sometime tomorrow, I will get in a short run in.  Then, I will run the half marathon on Sunday.  I am not too concerned with running the half (soreness gets numb after a few miles); it will be the days afterwards that concern me.  Soreness can go away quickly, but cuts have to heal.

No comments: