Sunday, January 18, 2015

Houston Half Marathon

I got up real early this morning and drove down to Houston to run the half marathon.  My foot felt better this morning.  I taped it and wore heavier socks.  Surprisingly, it never bothered me during the run and even felt okay after the run.
This was my first time running the Houston Half Marathon.  I have run the full 15 times, but not in the last two years.  When arriving in Houston, I noticed more traffic and an obviously bigger race crowd.  However, I managed to park in the parking garage that I used for the last few years that I ran it.  It is next to the Four Seasons Hotel and I hung out in the hotel lobby until it was time to walk 4 blocks or so to the start line.  My friend, John Slate, happened to be there doing the same thing, so we had a nice visit.  I ran into so many people I knew, at the start line, running the race and others spectating.  I finished the race in 2:55:44, which placed me 31st of 47 in the 70-74 age group.  According to the results, there were 11,758 finishing the half marathon and 7,143 finishing the marathon.

No comments: