Saturday, January 24, 2015

Lake Benbrook Half Marathon

I drove up to Benbrook (southwest of Fort Worth) last night to run the Lake Benbrook Half Marathon this morning.  When I went out to my truck this morning, the temperature was 30 degrees and my window were iced.  However, the weather was clear and it warmed up quickly during the race.  Just after the race started, my friend, Jon Walk, from Spring caught up with me and we ran the entire race together.  I did not know he was going to be there.  I finished in 2:57:22, according to the published race results.  My watch said about 2:56:00.  In any case, my time in this race last year was 3:03:53, so I improved my time.  Besides a finisher medal, I received another medal for placing second in my age group (there was only 2 of us).  I drove back to Huntsville this afternoon.  My left knee hurt during the race and is really sore this evening.  I will have to take it easy for a few days.

No comments: