Saturday, November 1, 2014

Rocky Raccoon 25K


I ran the Rocky Raccoon 25K at Huntsville State Park this morning.  It was 41 degrees at the start and at least cool, sunny and dry all day.  Just perfect running weather.  I ran every step of the race, but tripped over roots and fell five times.  I have two skinned up knees, one elbow and two spots on my hand.  I am really sore tonight, not from running, but from falling.  I finished in 4:12:00, a little better than last year.  Enjoyed visiting with a lot of friends.  While on the trail, a guy on a bike going in the opposite direction called me by name, but I had no idea who he was.  He circled back.  It turned out to be Jim Sawyer of Center, Texas.  We were officers in the same running club in Tyler, Texas - 30 years ago.  We have visited occasionally over the years, but I have not seen him for several years.

No comments: