Saturday, December 7, 2013

Texas 10 Series Conroe

I ran the Texas 10 Series Conroe 10 miler this morning.  Very cold, but dry.  I finished in 2:09:32, which was good for 1st in my age group (I was the only one over 70).  That gives 1st place in the 70 and over age group for the Texas 10 Series for 2013.  That's good for $200 and free entry for the same races in 2014.
The bad news is that I did something to my left knee.  At about 8 miles, it started burning and hurting.  After the race, it was swollen and very sore.  After the race, I drove to College Station to pick up my packet for the marathon tomorrow.  After getting home, I have iced it several times.  My plan is to wrap it tomorrow morning and drive over to College Station.  I will see how it feels tomorrow before making a decision on whether to attempt to run.

1 comment:

Miles of the Journey said...

Hope the knee holds up Ken...