Sunday, December 1, 2013

First Responder Half Marathon & Sunday Night 5K

I ran the First Responder Half Marathon in Waco this morning.  It was a two-loop course with a lot of bridge crossings and a run through a fire station.  However, we did not get to slide down the pole.  Nice weather, overcast and mostly in the 60's.  I finished in 2:56:53 (4th of 5 in the 60 & over age group.  At 72, I was the oldest of 169 finishers.  I got back to Huntsville about 2 p.m., showered, took a 30-minute nap, and then drove down to The Woodlands to run the Sunday Night 5K.  The traffic on I-45 on Sunday of the Thanksgiving weekend is always bad, so I took the back roads to The Woodlands.  I finished the race in 40:10, about my slowest 5K ever.  I came back on I-45 and the northbound traffic was terrible.

No comments: